Four Signs You Should See An Ophthalmologist, Not An Optometrist

8 June 2020
 Categories: , Blog

The term "eye doctor" is used pretty loosely, at least in the United States. There are actually two types of professionals who this title could be referring to. The first is optometrists. These medical professionals are not technically medical doctors, although they do hold an advanced, professional degree. They specialize in analyzing vision and prescribing glasses and contacts. Then, there are ophthalmologists; these are medical doctors who specialize in treating conditions of the eye. Read More